Wednesday 30 May 2012

Green Disc Pot

Initial idea conceived on 11th April 2012...

Born today 30th May 2012 at high noon 12pm.

After 1 hour and 15 minutes.



Completed today (27th June 2012). A total of 5 hours and 20 minutes making. If I charge £25 an hour that works out at around £140. I will probably sell it for around £60.
But I do it for the love!!


26th Sept 2012

These are the pot finished the copper carbonate went brown coloured in the 1260C firing, it kind of resembles animal print. The gold lustre on the top finishes it.


I am not feeling the brown, my husband likes it, maybe it is too masculine for my pots. I love the gold, but I would like to move towards more subtle colours. Animal print is too jazzy for me, it detracts from the form. If I look at the surface in isolation and imagine it was not on my pot but on textured paper, or slowly eroding wall, it would be interesting and attractive. But in the pot it is too much.


No comments: