Saturday 29 September 2012

Fantastic Firing

Opened the kiln today, the day before the Hand & Wheel show. Lo and behold it was a winner. The magic moment of opening the kiln was an aaaaaahhhh moment, and not a gut sinking ooooohhhh moment today. So I thought I would post some pictures....

A graceful old school shape with subtle colours and a splash of gold.






A blingtastic audacious little pot, a love it or hate it job I think, defiantly decadent, and I love it, a new avenue as opened here I think. I need to refine the glazing but generally well happy with this one!








This is a classic shape from my little family of shapes, with some new textured detail, and a bit of gold!





This one is a bit of a fail, it looks like it is dribbling and it lacks the right amount of texture and colour to balance the form...but I still like it, it's still part of the family, even if it is a bit weird!








All in all I am very pleased with this one!

Location:United Kingdom

No comments: