Sunday 7 February 2010

Moving On

I went for an interview for 'Artist Teacher and Contemporary Practices' MA at Goldsmiths Uni the other week and I got a place! I start in September. This will mean more time for my artwork which I am chuffed about. My work seems to be moving along at The moment. I have ordered a lot of books on the role of women in art. My work has been taking on figurative aspect and I have been thinking of the vessel and its similarities to the female form. I also just read Gombrich's 'The Story of Art' and not one woman is mentioned. If I am a woman artist I need to understand the time line I am operating in.
Above is the pot I made a few weeks ago, it came out good, but not really how I wanted in terms of colour. This peice shows change and development in the forms I am making.
A group of recent pots after bisque, John's is on the right at the back. The front one is Julia's pot mark II.
I love this shape. This is a sculpture I saw at 'London Art Fair', stupidly I didn't write down the name of the artist.
This drawing is from my studio sketch book. I am working on this piece now. I have finished Julia's Pot mark II. I will take a decent picture to put on. I feel like I have wimped out a bit tonight but its 11.30 and I have school tomorrow, so I best get to bed!!
 
John eating icicles outside the studio!

No comments: