Sunday 20 December 2009

Work in progress


So this is the piece I am working on. It is for my friend Julia to give to her husband for Christmas. Hopefully I will finish it on time...
Julia came round about four weeks ago and I took a caste of her nipple which will be adhered to the pot and glazed pink with gold detail, in the back ground you can see the sketches of how I hope it will look. A decadent and tactile piece that will remind her husband of her youthful breasts for the rest of his life..
I document the progress of my work, logging the dates and times spent on the piece and any thoughts related to the ideas behind the work and how I hope it will work, it is now ready for the kiln, it's first firing. I really hope this one works well, Julia is an old friend and I would like to do a good job for her and I want her to think my work is shit hot, but I guess everyone wants that!

No comments: