Monday 9 January 2012

A New Life













Some pics of the new locale. I cannot argue with the views, the south downs loom behind our house (house, not flat!)




On a low cloud day, we live in the cloud! From the house you can see the sea and all the way across to Hastings.

The reality of the reduced income is becoming increasingly apparent. Although it is cheaper here, we have a house, we no longer get inner London weighting for our teacher jobs and I am working two days less per week. It's gonna be tight! I am to lead a less consumerist lifestyle! More time in my head working in solitude. It is worth the sacrifice. We can afford it. It just means less of the meals and little luxuries (I need to get a handle on compulsively buying things from amazon and ebay)

I have been making, I am on my second pot. I will post pictures soon. I need to sort a kiln and I can't afford to keep the studio in London. So next month will be my last at Archway ceramics. I need to start making links here soon or I will feel as though I have been cut adrift and I will float off of the south coast of England into oblivion!

No comments: