Monday 9 July 2012

Bullet II

Conceived at 15:17 on July the 9th, in my living room....










11 July 2012
I have completed the making now. This one was 6 hours and 40 minutes. I have returned to some old ideas n surface that I didn't explore fully in the past.
Only two more pots left to make for the Bishops Kitchen show in Chichester Cathedral. I am not completely happy with the pieces I have to offer. But time is ebbing away and I must go with what I have. I am beginning to realise that I am never entirely satisfied with my work, the path always opens up wider with more things to improve and explore. Progress I guess you could call it if you were feeling optimistic!















Bit different what do you think? I am embracing the designs that have been rolling around in my head and sketch book for years. Each of the spikes are individually made and attached. I am thinking raw clay Gold and Green.... Inspired in part by Ernst Haeckel's scientific creations.






24th September bisque fired to 1000. Today (the 26th Sept) Bullet II went in for its glaze. It is a mixture of clear gloss, white semi matt and a strip of green. It will go up to 1260C. 


Final firing 29th September 2012. I totally love this one. Very decadent.











No comments: