Thursday 19 July 2012

Bullet III

D.O.B 3pm 18th of July. Made in three sittings totalling 4 hours 40 minutes. The last one for the Bishops Kitchen Show!





Completed 19th of July 2012 at 9.50pm.
24th of September bisque fired. Bullet III didn't make it to the Bishops Kitchen show, so it will debut at the 'Hand & Wheel' show on the 30th of September.
26th September glazed and in the kiln. The kiln should come out tomorrow evening. (quick prayer to the kiln gods)
I have chosen eggshell crystal glaze on the textured band, clear gloss on the tips and lips, and around the base. I am hoping for a subtle effect that doesn't detract too much from the form. I am beginning to see that strong glossy colour swamps the shape and the texture of my shapes and I am working towards a more subtle effect that mixes bands of textured and matt glaze alongside unglazed surfaces.

Final firing completed 29 September 2012. The lustre has smudged around the lip. Substandard. This will be a second. I might take it to school for the kids to see.



No comments: